If you wish to visit an inmate, you are strongly encouraged to schedule your visit on the designated day to facilitate visits and reduce waiting times.
You may call the Jail Lobby at (716) 438-3436 between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. on Mondays (only) to schedule a visit.
Beginning Tuesday July 3, 2018 all visits for the following week (7/10-7/12) and beyond must be scheduled online (https://niagarany.gtlvisitme.com). You will be required to pre-register an account prior to scheduling. Visits can be scheduled up to (7) days in advance but must be scheduled at least (2) days prior to the requested visitation date. Visits may be cancelled but they must be cancelled at least (1) day prior to the scheduled visit.
Inmate Visitation will be available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays between 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. All scheduled visitors must sign in with the Lobby Officer at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled visiting time. All visitors are required to completely fill out the visitor log book to include name, address, inmate visited, as well as date and time of visit.
An inmate shall be permitted two (2) visits per week, with a maximum of two (2) visitors during each visit
Proper identification must be presented each time you visit an inmate. The only acceptable types of identification are:
• Valid state driver's license,
• Non-driver's identification card,
• Military I.D.,
• Any authorized picture I.D. issued by a government agency (local, state, federal).
Visitors appearing in inappropriate attire will NOT be admitted into the facility visiting area.
The following are examples of unacceptable items of clothing:
• See-through clothing
• Bare midriffs or backs
• Plunging necklines
• Hooded sweatshirts or coats
• Bulky suits, shirts and/or pants
• Halter or Tube tops
• Hats or Do-rags
• Short-shorts or Athletic shorts
• Bare feet
• Excessive metal adornments
• Shower or beach shoes
These are examples of inappropriate clothing. If in doubt, you should not wear a questionable item of clothing.
If you are unable to successfully clear the metal detectors, both the walk-thru and/or hand-wand without them activating, you may be denied access to the visiting area.
VISITORS' PERSONAL PROPERTY
NO personal property may be brought into the Visiting Area. All coats, jackets, sweaters, hats, pocketbooks, cigarettes, lighters, keys, sharp objects, knives, pens, pencils, etc. MUST be placed into a locker.
METAL DETECTION DEVICES
You will be required to pass through a metal detection device before entering the Visiting Waiting Area. If you refuse to do so, you will be denied access to visiting. If you set off the metal detector, you will be asked to check your pockets for any item that may have set off the alarm and pass through again. If you set off the alarm a second time, you will be searched with a hand held metal detector and you may be subject to a pat frisk. If you refuse you will be denied access to the facility.
GENERAL VISITATION RULES
· Only 2 persons are allowed to visit at one time. (this includes children)
· NO split visits.
· All personal property will be stored in the locker provided.
· NO hooded sweatshirts.
· NO jewelry allowed except wedding rings.
· NO bobby pins, hairpins, or other item affixed to your hair will be allowed.
· NO candy, food, or gum allowed.
· Persons suspected to be under the influence of alcohol/drugs will NOT be allowed to visit.
CONTACT VISITATION RULES
· Passes MUST be worn by visitors at all times.
· You may have a short kiss and embrace only at the beginning and end of a visit. NO kissing or embracing during the visit. (Your visit may be ended if you disobey this rule.)
· You MUST remain seated.
· Inmates may NOT hold children at any time during a visit.
· Children MUST remain seated with the adult visitor.
· Your hands MUST remain in sight on the table.
· Locker keys are NOT to be placed on the table.
· You must speak quietly. NO obscene language allowed.
· NO cross-visiting. (talking with an inmate other than the one you are visiting)
· NOTHING may be given to an inmate without the permission of an Officer.
· Your visit may be ended at any time for unacceptable behavior.
· Passing of any contraband (any unauthorized item) is a violation of the New York State Penal Law 205.20, you will be arrested.
ACTIONS THAT ARE NOT DEEMED ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR IN PUBLIC WILL NOT BE TOLERATED IN THE VISITING AREA. ANY VIOLATIONS OF THESE VISITING RULES AND REGULATIONS WILL RESULT IN THE TERMINATION OF THE VISIT AND/OR A DISCIPLINARY HEARING FOR THE INMATE.
Download a copy of the above rules in Adobe PDF format by clicking here